What follows is a list of my picks for the best Drarry fanfiction of 2015
(37 fics, sorted by date published)
Note: There are so many lists of favorite Harry/Draco fanfiction, but I'm doing something a little different. Rather than create a list based on genre or length or era or whatever, I've decided to do a series of "best-of X year" lists. This means the year the work was published not the year I read it.
Once again, this list was hard to pare down! I read more fanfic published in 2015 than in any other year, and between my LJ blog and hd_storyroom, I recced 93 Drarry fics from 2015. Consequently lots of good fics aren't included on this list. In the end any list is just an arbitrary thing based on one person's no doubt flawed opinion. It says nothing about the quality of any fics not on it!
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2014
- Best of 2013
- Best of 2012
- Best of 2011
- Best of 2010
- Best of 2009
- Best of 2007-8
- Why am I making these lists?
- The "original post" column provides links to the first place I can find evidence of the work online. However, it can be really tough to determine when and where a work was first published (see my rant here: Dates Matter). So it could be that a fic was actually published earlier somewhere else and I didn't know it. Corrections are welcome.
- I've read a lot of HD fiction, but I certainly haven't read it all, so if I've left off something you think I shouldn't have, I'm happy for you to let me know.
- I may continue to add works to this list but I will try to keep the total number to something reasonable. (On the challenge of maintaining lists)
- My goal is to add lists for other years as well, time permitting.
How my fic preferences will skew the lists:
- I tend to like fics which contain explicit sex, so the list will probably skew that way. However, I prefer that there be an actual plot, not just sex, and I read PG rated fics too--just fewer of them.
- I like almost all the standard tropes, but I don't usually go for non-magical AUs, unhappy endings, dark!fic, or threesomes
- I don't give a toss who's on top or bottom, so you'll find both here.
- I shy away from epic-length fanfiction unless I'm very confident in the author, so most of my recs will be less than 100,000 words.